Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Waiting for grass...

When your whole yard looks like this... all dirt and frequently all mud....
Then your bathroom usually looks like this... mud on the toilet seat from them putting thier feet in the sink to wash them, mud on the counters....
Mud on the mirror, because they have to balance themselves as they crawl onto the counter top...
Mud on the hand towel that is for drying CLEAN hands, not wiping off dirty hands.
Not pictured is the mud caked to the bottom of the sink, the mud and dirt on the floor, the floor feels gritty and gross with all the dirt on it. I also didn't get the faucet that is polished in dried mud now, the walls and usually the light switch is all muddy. Yesterday they managed to get the outside of the door all muddy. I just cleaned up this muddy mess yesterday, and now here it is again. (sigh) I give up. Not to mention this morning when the girls were getting ready for school, no one wanted to use the brushes in the little bathroom, "they have mud all over on them!"
I am glad we have several bathrooms. If you come to my house and need to use the bathroom, and we still don't have grass, you might want to opt for the upstairs bathroom. It would be a lot less muddy.
Can you see the footprints in the mud? The girls seem to think with the mud, they need to NOT wear shoes, and they need to dig in it making their feet and hands all muddy.

I can't wait for grass! I am tired of sweeping up dirt and mopping up mud! You can guess what I will be doing today... AGAIN!

3 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

Oh man!! How nice will it be when you have a yard full of GRASS instead of MUD?!?!? I'll hope it's soon for your sake!!

Sure miss you guys! We need to find a weekend & get together SOON!! ;)

Karen Brothersen said...

The things I get to look forward to! Gee, thanks Karla! ha ha

Jamie said...

I like the new picture in the DIRT of the girls.