Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 9:11 AM
I just wanted to give an update of our trip in April plans.... we are planning on leaving Thursday the 13th of April to come there to WA, not sure if we will drive all through or not... (if we drive through, we have less meals to buy and no motel.... but lack of sleep) so I am not totally sure, we will have to play it by ear I guess. Our plan is to come and visit Rob's sister that will be there from CA on Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning till about 1 pm or 2 pm when she has to leave to go back home. Possibly also Rob's brother will be there in Winlock too for Saturday so we would probably hang out there most the day. Robert is coming for such a short time, I have the next weekend to visit as well.
My thoughts, and questions.... is anyone planning anything for Easter? Due to my schedule I was hoping everyone would be getting together on Sunday, because Sat. is shot for me, I can't see juggling anymore on Saturday. But I may be able to squeeze here and there too.
I wanted to kind of see what everyone's schedule is, if there is anything going on.... Mom and Dad's church is at 1 pm, and they said they could probably just go to the first hour, and then come home... Dad said we could have plans by 3 pm. I am guessing Brenda has early church, because she seems to have opposite of Mom and Dad.
On another note.... we were having problems with Pregnancy #7 (current one), sounds kind of funny for 7 pregnancies huh.... anyhow, we went in for an ultrasound, baby looks good and heartbeat strong. They recommended my blood work to be done too. Bad news is that blood work came back bad.... my levels dropped, which typically mean miscarriage but still holding out for more blood work that we will do again on Saturday to check again. I have my normal check up with my DUMB doctor (I know I have to get a new one!!!) for him to tell me, "oh, how old are you? Yeah then you have a 30% chance of miscarriage, no big deal. It is common. It is just something that was genetically wrong with the baby so it terminates itself. Yeah 30% chance." (Which to me, seems more than a 30% chance now that we have had 4 in a row and this would be #5, seems like its more than just genetics, but I am not the dumb doctor who comforts me with empty words and concerns.) Okay I know I should stop complaining and get a new doctor already!!! Hopefully we will know more on Monday, I am guessing they will just order another ultrasound to check things out again to be sure. The good thing is we did hear the heartbeat, which decreases miscarriage significantly and baby was developed to the day of ultrasound and my hCG levels (pregnancy hormone thing) is up really HIGH even though is did drop on the second test. Maybe just a freak thing to add more stress to my life.... since I don't have enough I guess.
I will be in touch soon, and let me know if anyone has ideas or plans for the whole Easter thing.... and if you all could inform Becky and Scott that would be great too. I will try and call Scott since I never get to talk to him.
Love to all, Miss you bunches, can't wait to see you.... and my girls are EXCITED to come and want to leave today!!!
Karla and family
(OH and we are planning on leaving back for Utah on the 24th of April, a Monday.)