Thursday, December 4, 2008

One of those days!

The girls had a pretty good day yesterday at school. It is hard to adjust here, on 550 West, there were SO many kids to play with, my doorbell didn't have a chance to rest. Amber got so everytime the door bell would ring she would say, "It's Madison" or the one I loved the most was, "Jacob's home!" She really loved all the girls friends especially Jacob. Here the door bell only rings when we have a repair guy or a tech of some sort here. We finally got TV yesterday afternoon, which was nice. It doesn't seem there are many kids to play with on our street, or maybe we just haven't found them yet. We are going to go ask people about this cat here, figure that will be a good way to get to know our neighbors and find out about the cat. Robert said we need to adopt it (I was shocked he even offered that) or take it to the pound.


The poor tech guy, everything seemed to be okay until the girls got home from school. The girls asked if they could play with the neighbor girl who is 5. They had to wait until she got home from school since she is a "later gator" and wouldn't be home for another 40 minutes or so. The girl next door has a Doberman puppy, that is pretty big and seems to be pretty hyper. The owners are constantly chasing her around and trying to take the dog back home, she seems to wonder a bit when she is out. When the girls were finally playing, they had the dog on a leash and they were taking turns walking the dog.


One of the girls came running in the house saying they needed help walking the dog. I went out to see what was up, and Emily said, "You know how on cartoons someone is walking a dog and the dog is pulling them on the ground while the dog is running away, that is what happened to Lindsey." Lindsey seemed to be okay, I told them maybe they should stick to the girl only walking the dog. I go back inside...


While I was outside I noticed another girl out there with her dog, the dog wasn't on a leash. It seemed that the girl was having trouble getting her dog. I then hear some major barking, and again the girls run in to tell me that the dogs are fighting. I go outside again, to find the dobberman on the leash with the little girl holding on with all her might and holding onto the back bumber of our car to hold the dog back. The other dog (a springer spaniel looking dog) is going crazy barking and running around the other dog and my car. I go out and try to talk to the dog on the leash to calm it down. (I don't know why this was my job or even why it would work.) Finally the little girl asked me if I could hold her dog. I do. Again, I am not really sure what I am going to do... then she asked if I could walk her dog home. We do... the little girl had big scrapes on her fingers from holding back the dog so much, she was bleeding and my girls decided to donate a few bandaids for her. I go back inside....


Emily comes in and tells me that the other dog (spaniel type dog) is bothering the cat outside. This would be the cat that came with the house that tries to get in all the time and fights with our cat. Emily said she was trying to get the cat our of our garage, I was telling her to just leave the cat, it will fend for itself better than we can protect her. I go back inside again....


I talk to the tech guy for our dish system, then I hear one of the girls coming in again... This time the dog was bothering our rabbit. I told them to just try to keep the dog away and then I would be out in a minute. The dish system was just finishing loading or whatever it does to start up. Everything was installed and we were just waiting for it to be done doing its configuring or whatever it does. Then I hear horrible screaming outside and Lindsey comes in running and yelling that the rabbit got out because it was scared and Emily was trying to calm her (the rabbit) down but the rabbit got loose. Now the dog is chasing the rabbit all over the yard. I can hear Emily screaming and crying outside. I think the worse, that the dog is gonna eat the rabbit, or that it has already, I run outside look around see the rabbit zig zagging all over the street and the yards of ours and the neighbors, I tell Emily to hurry and help me. She still crying and now Lauren is all crying and freaking out too. I run barefooted across the rocky asphalt to the neighbors where the rabbit was running wild. I atempt several times to grab the rabbit or the dog. Finally I grab the dog and the rabbit runs through a fence. Emily is still out of control, I tell her to reach through the slats in the fence and grab the rabbit and pull it through, I will hold the dog back. She gets the rabbit. I tell her to give me the rabbit and she can take the dog and I will take the rabbit back. Emily isn't going for it, I am afraid she will get scratched to bits from the rabbits razor nails. I take my jacket off while still holding the dog and tell Em to wrap the rabbit up in the jacket so it doesn't scratch her, and go put the rabbit back in its cage. All is good. Although I am still holding the dog, and I mean really like holding it, like carrying it. The older girl (maybe 7-9yrs) asks me if I can carry her dog back to her house. I am like, NO. The girl tells me she knows where she lives, guessing that maybe she is new to the neighborhood, I tell her I will help her out a little bit. (Meanwhile, my little girls are sleeping in the house with the tech guy for the DirecTV. ) I take the dog down the sidewalk a bit, then let the dog go. The girl is running and the dog is chasing her. Then she stops and the dog runs back toward us, I tell the girl to run again and call her dog and the dog will follow her home... Why I didn't think of that earlier, I don't know...


I decided that last night was a good BATH night, I left Robert setting up the tree and I took a nice HOT bath. I do like the bigger tub here! I even was productive while my tub was filling, I folded laundry.


I look forward to a productive day today, hopefully. I also sent out emails of my new email and phone number. If you didn't get it, call my old number and it will give you my new number. As soon as we get our new internet up, I can get a new email set up.


I better get on with my day, I hear Samantha awake upstairs and Amber just notified me that she is stinky. It wouldn't be so bad, but I remembered that she took off her diaper and put her jammies back on with out a diaper while I have been on the computer. Nothing quite like a big mess in footed zip-up jammies, she is walking around a little funny. Duty calls! I guess it is time for Amber's bath... good thing we have hot water.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

My first thought for you is, "Calgon, take me away!" :)

What a day!

I love the visual of Amber walking funny for poopy reasons.

Julie said...

Oh MY GOSH!!!!!! I was tired reading that. I know the feeling of a dog chasing a rabbit. We had the same thing happen, but we were not so lucky with 3 of them. I love rabbits. They are so cute! Is Emily okay? I hope she is doing better. Sorry you had such a bad day, hope your days get better. We miss you, but blogging will help.

Julie said...

Hey Karla.. let me know when you want to rent your house and how much. My sister is looking right now and I told her about your house. Hope things are going well for you. We miss you guys. The girls were really missed in primary this past week. Hope they are adjusting to their new school, ward, and friends.