Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Tag

This is a Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. You copy and paste this to your blog and then change the answers so they apply to you and then tag 6 people.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, unless it is hard to wrap then I go for a gift bag.
2. Real tree or artificial? I really love the real ones, but we do a fake one here in UT. Growing up in Washington state, we ALWAYS had a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime after Thanksgiving, when I get around to it or when Rob gets the box out.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after New Year normally, again when Rob instructs me it is time to get it down.
5. Do you like eggnog? I use to like it, but I don't like it much anymore.
6. Do you have a stocking? I actually have 2, but that doesn't mean they ever get filled by anyone but me. This year we have a fireplace to put our stockings by, so that will be fun!!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Robert for sure! He normally just gets whatever he wants or needs through the year, so Christmas time I am trying to come up with something and it seems like it is always really lame or stupid... "wow, a razor holder that has a suction cup to stick to the inside of the shower... thanks hun!?" Yeah stuff like that...
8. Easiest person to buy for? Emily seems to be the easiest to buy for.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes but I want a new one. The one I have is one I got for FREE when I bought Robert's wedding ring. It is like tiny, the figures are about 2 inches tall. Amber keeps eating baby Jesus in the manger, which is the size of a chocolate out of a box of chocolates.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Normally I mail them, but the last two years I can't remember even sending them out.
11. Most memorable Christmas gift you ever received? There is lots of them, it is hard to narrow it down. I love the homemade gifts the girls do at school... one year my parents gave me (and the rest of my siblings) a picture of my family when we were sealed in the temple with a sweet saying on it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can't think of one really, I like the old classic cartoons like Frosty and Rudolph, but those aren't really movies. Oh, maybe Santa Clause movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It varies by each year. Sometimes I start early in the year planning out and making gifts and other times (like this year) it is all done in like a week of crazy shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I can only think of like white elephant/gag type gifts that I recycle. We went to a neighborhood party, which seemed like that was the only thing people brought was last years gifts. Last year we got an emergency toilet seat with a backpack attached with dehydrated water inside and other great stuff. It was wonderful!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Any thing that has to do with candy or chocolate!
16. Lights on the tree? Our fake tree is pre-lit with white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? The one that comes to mind first is "Christmas in the Northwest" but I am sure I could think of something else if I sat here long enough.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Now that I have kids, I prefer to stay at home. Being here with the kids all day all alone is fabulous. Nothing beats a Christmas at home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Donner, Comet, Cupid, Blitzen, Vixen, and then Rudolph... helps when you know the song! (although I had to sing it again to see who I was missing)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We currently have a star, and up until yesterday there was a candy cane stuck through the star 'til Amber saw it and wanted to eat the candy cane.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up, I always remembered opening presents on Christmas Eve, but maybe my memory is wrong. With my family now, we always do it on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It really bothers me that this is suppose to be such a wonderful special time of year, and yet it seems like I see many RUDE and thoughtless people. It sure would be nice if everyone was caught up in the true spirit of Christmas and not worrying about getting all there shopping done or whatever it is that makes people rage. It would be much nicer with people that where really thinking of Jesus and how he would be treating those around him.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have no color or theme, unless you call homemade a theme. My tree is full of homemade ornaments, both from my kids, and to my kids from family and friends, and then some from my side of the family. So the color is more like rainbow-ish.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I am not really picky, whatever smells good is sure to taste good. It always smells better if I don't have to cook also! (Now I am sounding like my mom! ha-ha-ha)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I just got a beautiful new house, and I am going home (to Washington) after Christmas.... don't know that there is much more I could ask for.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? The one person I would say would have responded would have been the person that I got this from, so I doubt she will do it again :)
27. Favorite Christmas Tradition? We haven't done many real traditions yet, we normally do have a big Waffle breakfast after presents... and as a kid, my family always went looking at Christmas lights on Christmas eve and then when we got home, Santa left all our presents for us.

I tag... anybody that wants to do it! It's fun!

No comments: