Friday, December 18, 2009

The problem with front loading washers

We have a front loading washer with a window in the door so you can see things inside.  There have been some problems with that besides the cat freaking out over the objects spinning at very high speeds. 

I snuck Samantha's blanket and washed it with some towels.  She was awake and wouldn't need it until bedtime.  The problem started when she happened to be in the bathroom next to the laundry room and the door to the laundry room was open.... she spotted her blanket wet in the washer.  I heard this frantic, "kitty, kitty, kitty" (which is what she calls her blanket).  I wasn't sure if she was really talking to the cat or if something else was wrong.  Lindsey was in there with her and met me on my way in there to tell me that Samantha saw her blanket.  I kind of forgot about the laundry so I put it into the dryer, or tried to.  As soon as I opened up the washer door Samantha reached in there and with all her might was trying to pull her blanket out.  Poor thing, it was stuck, I got it out but then tried to explain to her that it was all wet and we needed to dry it.  That didn't go over well. 

Now I try to make sure the laundry room door is shut, and that the girls keep it shut too. 

No comments: