Monday, May 24, 2010

Samantha is 2 now!







Samantha turned 2 years old, can you believe it?  I can't!  Two years ago I was planning Lindsey/Lauren's birthday knowing I was pregnant and due after their birthday so I wanted to get their birthday party done before the baby so they would really have a party.  I planned their party a WEEK before their birthday.  Robert had told me not to but it was like 3 weeks or so before my due date so I didn't think it would be a problem.  Robert had been in Florida for work stuff and he came home on Wednesday night and Thursday morning I heard this strange *snap* sound.  I was wondering what it was and then shortly figured it was my water.  What timing!  I had Samantha on a Thursday and I was suppose to be having the girls party on Friday.  Ooops!  I should have listened  to Robert.  Lindsey and Lauren told their friends the party was postponed.  It surprised me because it was 3 weeks early, I never went that early.  The twins were only 2 weeks early.  I guess Samantha was just ready to be a part of our family.  At 9lbs 5oz it was probably good that she came 3 weeks early.  She would have been HUGE otherwise.  (Not that 9lbs isn't already big.)

Samantha didn't really know what to do with her candles... she didn't blow them out or even attempt to.  Amber was okay with that because then she got to blow them out.  We wanted to do a cat cake for Samantha, I had invisioned doing the number 2 for a cake and then putting little cats that I had seen at Zurchers along time ago.  When I was by the store last I forgot I needed to go there and instead tried Partyland which had dogs, frogs, horses, bugs, and zoo animals but no cats.  I thought I would look at a few other stores just in the toy area, which came up with nothing!  I was so frustrated!  I decided last minute (midnight at the store on Friday night) that I would do a ball of yarn with a cat behind it.  I was not happy about it, but I would do it.




Emily helped me with the cake.  I frosted it pink and then gave her the frosting bag to do all the string/yarn lines on the cake.  She did a great job.  She got frustrated (sounds like what I do) when it wasn't turning out like she was wanting it to.  I finished it for her after she had done it for awhile.  I thought it was okay, but I wasn't super thrilled about it.  I should have used a smaller bowl to bake the cake in.

I ran out of Birthday paper so we used Christmas wrapping paper.  I don't think she really cared!


Everytime she opened up something she would say the next present was that same thing.  She got a bee, then she thought the penguin was a bee before she opened it.  Then the gift we gave her next she said was a penguin.  It was cute. 

She loved her snake and frog!

She thought the gecko was a little "scarrrrry!"

She got some play food (which by the way is junk! it is already all falling apart.)
To go with her play kitchen.  (thanks again Wendy for spotting it and getting it for us!)
This is the bee that Lindsey got her.  She loves it!  I hung it up kind of above her bed, she always notices it when she gets up or goes to bed.  She thinks it is really fun.  I wasn't thinking it was a good gift, but Lindsey thought it would be.  I guess Lindsey was right!

Happy Birthday Samantha!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can't believe I wasn't even thinking about it when I saw you the other day! I'm glad she likes the kitchen--Hooray for Savers!