Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 yr old Samantha

I was thinking of all the fun things that Samantha has done in her first two years.  She is such a happy little girl!  She loves to do things by herself.  She is constantly getting naked and wanting to go "potty" in the toilet.  Although most of the time it doesn't end up being anything but just a struggle to get her diapered again.  I hate to discourage her.  One of these days she will figure it out. 

Samantha likes to do things by herself like getting in and out of the car, putting on her shoes, taking off her shoes and clothes, getting into her high chair (which is kind of scary to watch), and getting down from her high chair.  She sometimes will refuse her chair and want to sit at the table on a big chair with the rest of the family. 

She loves to go outside and always asks me if she can "go side" as she is trying to put on shoes, any shoes she can find.  She is chatty but not as chatty as I remember Amber being at this age, but maybe I am not remembering right.  A few days ago I was holding Samantha in my lap and she looked up at me and said, "I'm bored."  I was shocked!  Obviously the girls are rubbing off on her. 

Samantha loves to sing and dance too.  She will sing to the radio in the car, even if she doesn't know the words, she just sings along to the tune with her own hums or voice sounds. 

She absolutley hates to be left behind.  I sometimes in the morning will run the girls to the bus stop in the car, Samantha freaks out if I leave her behind with Emily.  Samantha now ALWAYS goes with me.  If I have my shoes on, Samantha is saying, "go" meaning she wants to go too.  I have to tell her, "I am not going anywhere."  Robert and a few of the girls went somewhere the other day and Samantha was crying.  I asked her what was wrong, did she want to go?  She just sadly said, "uh-huh" as she most the time answers.

I took her to the doctors, she is 33 inches (same as Amber was at 2) and she weighs 26lbs (really close to what Amber was too at this age) which puts her about average or around the 47th %tile in the charts.  It is funny becaue my older girls where always so BIG for their age.  They were always over the 90th %tile and often over 95th.  Emily created her own curve above the curve, she was so long/tall and weighed so much for the first few years of life. 

Amber and Samantha wear pretty close to the same clothes... Amber is taller but only weighs about 3 or 4 more pounds.  I think they will be closer the older they get too. 

Samantha's favorite things right now are animals... cats, dogs, frogs, horses, anything she can recongize and see somewhere.  She likes to play with them and making noises for them too.  She loves, loves, loves, babies!  She wants them to be in her bed, covered up with a blanket when she goes to bed or even her nap.  If one of the two babies are gone she wants you to find the other baby.  Many nights I am in search of a baby that I can't find before Samantha falls asleep.  She will also take those animals or babies and put them on pillows and cover them up with blankets.  I find animals and babies all over the house all tucked in to pillowed beds. 

Samantha still loves her blanket and most importantly the tag on it.  She has gotten better about washing it, I can get her be involved in the washing part of it if she puts it into the washing machine and then finding her blue blanket (which isn't quite the same but she will tolerate okay) until her pink one is out of the washer and dryer.  She loves to still suck her thumb, which she mainly does at night or when she is tired or really sad and has her blanket.  She doesn't seem to suck her thumb much without her blanket, it seems like she will only do it when she has her blanket.  Not sure if that is good or bad. 

That is about all I can think of right now with Samantha.  She is the best at saying "thank you" whenever you give her something or when you do something for her.  I change her clothes and she tells me "thank you" or even if I change her diaper, "thank you" which is really cute!  She will do this "angry eye" thing... I will have to get it on video, it is so funny!  She and Lauren were doing it the other night, it was pretty funny.  Samantha couldn't keep her angry face, she would then start laughing. 

I can't believe little Samantha is two already.  It seems like just a short time ago that she was a little baby I was nursing still.  What happened?  How did she get to be two already?  She does complete our family, I can't imagine life without her!  Although I can't imagine life without any of my kids!  We are so blessed to have them all. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I can't beleive she's 2 either. It seems like she was just born! I'm sure part of that is because we don't get to see her weekly grow and change like we used to. ;(