Monday, August 23, 2010

River Floating, Part 3

I promise this is the last about floating the river!  I just had so many fun pictures I couldn't leave any of them out.  I really did leave lots of them out but I couldn't slim it down any more.  If you missed Part 1 or Part 2 click on the links or look at my older posts to find them.

All these pictures are from my phone so some of them didn't turn out the greatest, but I am sure you will get the idea.

The river floating was always so relaxing and gorgeous!  The way the trees grow on the banks, the banks of the river and the rock walls...  the pictures really don't do justice for what we saw!  The scenery was breath taking!  I wish my mom would go floating just to see how beautiful it is.  She doesn't really care for splashing water in her face, and you definetly get that when you float the river.  We should get her a underwater mask for her to wear, then that way she wouldn't get water in her face...  she would LOVE that!  lol
In several places there are rocky edges to the river with lots of bushes and trees hanging over.
This is a further away picture.  There were little waterfalls down some of the rocks too.
Washington is pretty wet so of course there was lots of moss everywhere.
One area of the river goes under some really tall trees that are on top of a rock wall, this is going under them and looking up at the trees.  This picture shows very little of how amazing it really is.

The sun was peaking through some of the trees.
Someone has put up a rope swing.  I am not brave enough to try it out.  I'm sure it would be fun, but I don't trust the rope!  When Lauren went with me we saw 2 river otters here at this spot.  They were making this weird clicking or chirping sound.  This was the first time I have ever seen them in the wild.  Pretty neat.
Look at the mossy branch.  Isn't that pretty cool!

I had some pictures of some of the little flowers growing on the rock walls or down the rock walls too but they were so fuzzy or bright.  They weren't very good pictures.  This concludes our river float.  Until next year...  I hope to float down the Toutle River again next year. 

A tidbit of information, the Toutle River comes from Mount. St. Helens or next to it.  There is tons of ash next to the river in areas still from the eruption of the mountain back in the 80's.  Many of the river banks are just ash.  I still have ash in my shoes from floating the river.  Kind of cool! 

No comments: