Friday, February 12, 2010

I remember when...

As I was looking at a book with Samantha and trying to teach her to thump her chest and make gorilla noises, I remembered something.  When Emily was about her age, we went to church in WA with my parents.  There was a (Nigarian I think) man there that was part of the ward with very, very dark skin...  Emily kept saying gorilla and thumping her chest.  It took me awhile before I realize what she was talking about...  and where the "gorilla" was that she was talking about.  I was pretty embarressed, but would have been more so if anyone else knew what she was talking about. 

1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

Kids are amazing with these kind of things. I have 5 African American siblings that my parents adopted a few years older than Treyson and he told me about a month ago that he wants to go play with his black friends, then he stopped for a few seconds and corrected himself, "I want to go play with my brown friends." It was cute, they are really so observant at these ages..sometimes a little too much! :-)