Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Up all night
I came home started pulling the boards off the pallet... and my goodness, they are stuck on there really hard! They have those pallet nails I guess they are called, they are twisted nails, so they are inbetween a nail and a screw. They don't pull out too well. I had a hard time getting them out without breaking the boards or splitting them in half.
I finally just got Robert's circular saw and cut down the sides of the pallet, then I just had the middle nails to get out of the boards. Some of the boards would have 4-6 nails in just one side of the board. Once I started cutting the boards things went much smoother.
I then decided to paint some of the boards pink and some grey. I painted all my boards and about 4am, I ran out of paint. Ugh! I didn't want to go to the store to get more paint with the kids at home. I knew I needed to clean the house too, so I went inside and cleaned the kitchen starting with the dishes.
I woke up at 8, took a shower and suprisingly felt pretty good all day. I think it was because I was too busy and was on the go all day so I didn't have time to be tired.
I talked to my sister for ideas... since I wasn't loving it and was afraid it wouldn't look rustic but instead just look like it was unfinished with the screw holes and the cracks in the boards. I was afraid the fabric style and the headboard style wouldn't match. After talking to hear I decided to putty some of the holes and paint the whole thing grey and leave the pink out. I puttied and sanded, then repainted.