Friday, June 4, 2010

Lindsey and Lauren turn 8

Being a twin is pretty cool... I know what its like.  But in other ways its not always nice.  For me it wasn't too bad because not many people mixed my brother and I up.  Lindsey and Lauren are always confusing to people who is who.  Lindsey has braces now but still it seems to still be a problem. 

In the past we have sang to the girls together, this year we decided to do them seperately.  We sang to Lindsey and she danced during the Happy Birthday song.  She blew out her candles.
She wanted a dog cake.  I took a cake mix and put it into 2 8in square pans and then stacked them.  I then traced the 8in pan on a paper and drew what the dog shape should be from the top.  Then I started cutting.  OH-totally a good idea to freeze the cake before cutting it that much.  Then I kind of just went from there on how the dog shape should be.  I thought it turned out pretty good for my first time.  I think it would have been easier and been better if it was bigger to start with.  It is hard to shape something so small.
Then it was Lauren's turn... we sang to her and she blew out her candles.  Samantha was in front of her cake and she blew out some of the candles.  I guess she knows what to do now for birthday cakes.
Lauren's cake I wasn't even going to put on here... I was very disappointed with it.  I ran out of frosting and the cake just didn't take shape really.  I used the pan for the barbie doll type pan.  I forget what it is called, but the cake is the dolls dress and you put a doll pick in the top or a barbie in the middle.  I couldn't get it right... the cat turned out kinda scary and pretty ugly I thought.  The face, the front legs... it is just not good.  It did look a little better once I put on the collar, but before that I was not even liking it.
Then came the presents... Amber got the girls some stuffed animals from the zoo.  We had gone to the zoo and at our house it was nice and sunny but at the zoo it was really cold.  My girls were in shorts and summer clothes, so I bought some sweats for my little girls and then got a great discount on the animals.  We did this the very first thing at the zoo so the girls rode in the stroller with animals.  Samantha held the giraffe the whole time. When we got home I imediately wrapped the animals so Samantha and Amber wouldn't keep playing with them.  Although Amber told the girls what she got them. 
When Lauren opened the giraffe, Samantha saw it and said, "jaf," grabbed it and took off with it.  She acted like she lost her little friend and then was happy to see him again.  Poor Lauren. 
Of course Lindsey knew what she was getting since Amber already told her... an elephant.  Isn't it cute!
The girls turned 8, so they will be baptized, and got scriptures for their birthday.
Here is Lauren with her scriptures too.
And they also got new dresses to wear at their baptism.  Lindsey was in a bad mood.
I can't believe my girls are 8!  I can still remember being on the ultrasound table seeing two rib cages and the tech saying, "you knew you were having twins right?"  When I recall that moment I still feel a little panic of being overwelmed.  I am glad the hard part of having two little new babies is over.  That first year or so seems like a blur.  My twins are 8, wow!

6 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

I can't believe they are EIGHT!!! Their cakes look amazing! You are so talented!!! I love their new dresses, too!!!

Lauren & Lindsey, you are growing up so fast!!! You are such beautiful girls!! I hope you had a great birthday!!

The Gubler Family said...

Wow! You are so talented. I love the cakes. They are so cute. I can't believe your kids are growing up so fast.
I think the worst part of being a twin was when I was in high school. No one dared to ask me out. Several people told me after I graduated that they didn't ask me out because they didn't know which one to choose and didn't want to hurt one of our feelings.

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

That is so exciting that the girls are getting baptized!!! I think both of the cakes are amazing! I don't think I could do that!

Karen Brothersen said...

I can't believe they are 8 either! Time has just zoomed on by! I loved the cakes! They were awesome! You are a wonderful momma! And where in the world did you get those dresses for them? They are SO adorable!

Marie said...

I think you did a great job on the cakes!

Anonymous said...

Linds in a bad mood because she don't get FUCKED for her birthday and she want to hehe