Monday, April 25, 2011

Visitors!

My wonderful parents came to visit us for their spring break.  Unfortunately our spring break was a week after their spring break.  We were so happy to have them come and spend their week with us. 

After the week was over, I realized I didn't get one picture of anything.  Seems like I do that too often!  Makes me sad I didn't capture the moments and memories of it all. 

My parents spoil us when they come.  Just to name a few....  grocies they wouldn't let me pay for, dinners they paid for even after I told the cashier my dad's card he had wasn't his and was stolen, toys, treats, and shoes for the girls.  They also bought me some new glasses.  We had like 3 glasses since we have broken most of them over the last 12 years of our marriage.  We have a ton of plastic cups for the kids but for adult size cups we were lacking.  It was one my list to get, but we just hadn't made that purchase.  My dad came home from the store one day with a box of glasses.  SPOILED!

While my parents were here I also was able to go on a field trip with my 3rd graders.  They went to a museum.  I even got to ride on the bus.  I wasn't sure that was a good idea, I got a little sick and thought I might need the garbage can.  Luckily some kids couldn't get their window put all the way up so I had a bit of air blowing on me.  I got to sit by Lindsey and one of her friends on the bus and then I got to be part of a group with Lindsey too.  Lauren could have been in my group but she wanted to stay in her friends group.  Funny because it was Lauren that wanted me to come so bad. 

I was amazed at how many parent helpers they had and several dads too.  I know my girls would be overjoyed to have their dad come to something like that. 

Several of my girls got sick with the stomache flu while my parents were here.  My dad got sick while he was here too, but I think perhaps it was just allergies.  He was sick last time he was here too and went home and got into the doctor to find it was all allergies.  Poor Dad!! 

My mom even did music in the Primary for me while she was here.  She is so great at music.  Music was something we always had growing up.  She had us singing and performing at young ages.  Some of us did more than others.  Perhaps it was because of our talents or in my case the fear of being in the spot light that shaped our performances too.  She did a fantastic last minute job at music.  (Our wonderful music ladies left to have babies.) 

It was sad to see my parents leave.  I know the time comes, and you gotta get back to work and life.  It always seems like the time goes too fast though!  I cried when they left.  Lauren was sick that day, I thought it would of been nice to go out to lunch with them, but couldn't with poor Lauren.  That's okay, like my parents would really let ME take them to lunch and pay.  They would have ended up paying. 

My girls love their grandparents so much.  They were so excited about them coming.  They talk about gong to their house next.  I wish it wasn't so far between their house and my house.  They are planning on serving a mission this fall.  That will be so fun for them.  They are setting such a great example for my children of what's important.  It's hard being so far away, it doesn't take much for me to want to go for a visit.  I have told Robert before, "they are burning that pile of brush and roasting hot dogs, can I go home for that?"  I often get to go home for weddings and big family gatherings but not every little thing. 

My visitors are gone now.  They have been gone for awhile now.  I think it is time for them to return.  My house seems so quiet and so lonely.  Seems not right.  I wonder if they can come back now? 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you had such a good visit with them. I wish we would've made it, but really didn't want the pukes. I love your parents--they are wonderful. And I'm glad you got some good spoiling. That is just SO NICE.