Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hair cut and back to school Aug 2011

Amber has never really had a hair cut, she is nearly 5 years old.  Her hair is thin and long, wavy and tangles easily.  She asked if she could get her hair cut, at first I told her no, then as I thought about it... my policy is if they want it cut, then that is their choice.  Her hair was so long though.... it was hard to do it.  I think the ease of brushing it was a helping thought too. 
Here she is getting ready to get her hair cut.

 Ready....set.....cut!  It was hard to do it, but I was pleased with the out come, and so was Amber!!
She LOVED it!!
You can see how much we cut off.  I was a little in shock but she was in love with her shorter locks.

August is always back to school time.  The girls picked their favorite outfits to wear for the first day of school.  Lindsey is styling her new outfit, and excited to get back to school.
Lauren is super excited to go back to school and see all her friends and excited about her new class.
Emily is going into 6th grade, she is excited for her new teacher, and I can't believe she will be in Jr. high in one more year.  That scares me!  She is growing up too fast!  She too has missed many friends during the summer months. 
All the girls were ready to go back to school.  I however felt the summer went too fast, and I still had a list of things I wanted to do with them while they were out of school.  I have the same feeling every year when school starts back up.  I am the one not ready for it. 

No comments: