Monday, October 19, 2009

Over the flu

I think we are all over the flu now.  The big girls got it and Robert had it first.  I somehow managed to stay healthy through it all, even with me being the primary care giver to the sick. : )  Samantha and Amber had small cold like symptoms, coughs and runny noses, but even that wasn't too bad.  No fevers for them and the coughs were in the morning and a little at night.

The girls were suppose to go to school Monday through Wednesday but they missed all those days.  Lindsey missed school on Friday as well of the week before.  There was no school the rest of the week due to fall break.  Lauren had a birthday party she wanted to go to on Friday, she was really hoping to go to it.  She seemed better, but they still would have small tempatures so I didn't want to send her like that even though she claimed she was okay.  On Wednesday she had a really small fever 99 or 100 and then nothing on Thursday, so she was able to go.

Robert was able to return to work on Monday although he still felt pretty tired and worn out but his fever was gone and he would actrually out of bed.  The week before he literally stayed in bed all day for most of those days.

I would take the girls tempature in the morning and then in the afternoon and then again before bedtime even when they didn't have a fever earlier.  I found that Lindsey for 2 days would be fine in the morning and the afternoon but at night she would get her fever back, sometimes as much as 101 degrees.  Weird.

I was seriously going stir crazy!  I couldn't go anywhere since the girls where sick.  Later in the week the girls where feeling better but not healthy enough to go in public (so I felt) which made us stay home the whole week until Friday.  The girls were feeling better so they were fighting with one another and running and jumping in the house and were teasing each other in ways that would annoy the other one.  I knew we had to get out of the house, and was glad when Friday came and they were well enough to go out again.

Lauren still has a hard time when she runs or is very physically active.  She will start coughing and just will cough and cough and cough.  We went "Boo-ing" last night and after the first house I made Lauren stay in the car since she starting having a coughing fit after her mad dash away from the first door.  Poor girl.  I advised her to not to be very active today during recess. 

I am glad that we are all healthy.  I have a trip planned to go to WA this weekend for my nephews wedding and was afraid that the ill would keep me from going, or worse that I would become ill.  So far so good, and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: